Frequently Asked Questions
Our FAQs provide brief answers to many common questions about booking ferry journeys with Ferry to Holland.
All you need to know about booking ferries to Holland
- Are the ferries accessible to disabled / reduced mobility passengers and can you arrange any assistance when boarding?
- What is the minimum age for a child travelling alone?
- Can you provide a baby cot in my cabin?
- Who do I contact if I have lost some property on the ferry?
- I am trying to book with different numbers of passengers on the outbound and return journeys. How can I do this?
- Should the driver be included in the total number of passengers?
- When I select a month I cannot see any dates or times. What does this mean?
- Can I book an open return?
- I would like to make a booking without a vehicle. How can I do this?
- How can I get the cheapest price?
- When I use the compare price facility, one of the prices shown appears in "red", what does this mean?
- How do I book a bicycle?
- The price I am quoted now is more expensive than when I last looked. Why is this?
- Are all taxes and fuel surcharges included in the price I have been quoted?
- How do I know which ferry operator I have booked with?
- If I make a booking online, will I receive any tickets?
- I will be travelling in a rental car. Can I book online as I don't yet know the make or registration number of the car?
- Can I book online if I am travelling in a van or any other commercial vehicle?
- Does it matter if I have a roof box / bicycle rack attached to my car?
- How do I book with a trailer?
- If I change my car, can I transfer the booking to my new vehicle?
- How do I book more than one motorcycle?
Cabins & Seating Questions
- Is it compulsory to book on-board accommodation, e.g. seats / cabins?
- If I under occupy a cabin, will I be required to share the cabin?
- Do I select the number of cabins needed or the number of berths?
Pricing & Payment Questions
- Which credit and debit cards do you accept?
- Is there a charge for using credit / debit cards?
- I do not have a credit / debit card. Can I book now and pay at the port? Can I pay by cheque / cash?
- Are my credit card details secure when I make a booking online?
- Can I use someone else's credit / debit card to pay for my booking online?
- I have tried to make a booking, but it says my card has been declined. Why is this?
- Do I have to pay in full when I make a booking?
- I have tried to make a booking, but it says it has been unsuccessful. But now I see that the money has come out of my account. Help!
- I have tried to make a booking, but I did not receive an on-screen confirmation that my booking had been made. Was the booking successful?
Ferry Tickets QuestionsBack to top
Amending or Cancelling a Booking Questions
- How do I amend my booking?
- How do I cancel my booking?
- Will you charge me for amending my booking?
- If I am due a refund, how will this be made?
- How early do I need to get to the port before departure?
- If I arrive at the port early, can I board the ferry straight away?
- Do I need to take my passport with me when I travel?
- Is there secure parking at the port and how much does it cost?
- Can I sleep in my motorhome / caravan overnight at the port?
Travelling with Pets Questions
- What is the Pet Travel Scheme and which ferry companies allow pets?
- Which ferry companies can I book pets with online with FerryTO?